Friday, October 26, 2012 1:28:00 PM EST5EDT
Remember, with three locations ready to serve you in Orlando, Oviedo and Tampa, Fence Outlet blows away the “big box” competition with a combined 48,000 square-feet of showroom and inventory. Fence Outlet is able to offer our customers a larger selection, lower prices and faster delivery when compared to the national chains.
With thousands of professional Fence Outlet installations throughout Central Florida, our fences quietly protect and enhance your community, your neighborhood and perhaps your own backyard! With 20 years of business success and accreditation from the Better Business Bureau (BBB), we invite comparison shoppers to do their research and read our many positive customer reviews.
Friday, November 30, 2012 3:46:43 PM EST5EDT
Here are some of the reasons to choose vinyl fence over traditional fences:
- Vinyl typically lasts much longer than wooden fence and is nearly 5 times stronger than wood. This means you will be getting more for your money and are investing in something that should last a lifetime.
- Vinyl maintains its look and does not require painting. Most vinyl is the same color through the entire depth of the material and therefore does not need to be refinished ever.
- Vinyl is easy to clean with basic household cleaning materials.
- Vinyl does not decompose like wood and is rust free. Vinyl material is built to last and maintains is original condition for years.
- Vinyl is flexible and will not snap or break off as easily as wood.
- Vinyl is very low maintenance.
Some disadvantages of Vinyl that should be considered are:
- Vinyl is one of the more expensive fencing solutions available.
- Should your vinyl fence be damaged it can be more difficult to replace and could require the work of a professional for repairing even a small section of fence.
- Some vinyl fencing can fade in extreme weather. Be sure to research the type of vinyl and find out if the color will change when exposed to the elements. Recent advances in technology have addressed these concerns but it is still good to understand what you are purchasing.
At Fence Outlet, we carry many different styles of Vinyl Fence and work with the best manufacturers in the industry. For more information on the type of Vinyl Fence we provide take a look at our online Vinyl Fence Gallery.
Tuesday, January 8, 2013 11:13:01 AM EST5EDT
What type of look are you looking for? If you want to add a rustic, natural touch to your home, Orlando wood fences are the perfect option. It’s a natural material that blends in with the landscape and requires little maintenance. Wooden fences can last for many years, but they may need a sealing treatment to avoid rot and warping. If a part of the fence is damaged, it’s much easier to replace a few planks rather than the entire fence. Compared to vinyl, wood is biodegradable for those concerned with environmental impact. Wood fencing is also cheaper when compared to vinyl.
There are several advantages to vinyl fencing, just as there are with wood fencing. Vinyl is easy to put up, and can come in a variety of different colors. Vinyl fencing require little to no maintenance unless damaged; there is also no need to add any type of sealing treatment. Vinyl can be easily cleaned using a hose and it can last for many years. It will also never rot or warp like wood, which makes it an ideal material. Although vinyl does cost more to purchase, you will save money over time because you won’t have to pay for maintenance.
Both of these materials have their advantages and disadvantages, but Fence Outlet can help you choose a fence that fits your needs and your property.
Wednesday, February 13, 2013 9:45:00 PM EST5EDT
SelectionNot only is Fence Outlet locally owned, management strives to locate and stock “Made in America” wood, vinyl and aluminum fencing products. “We are proud to say that 95 percent of our fence products, including our PVC, are made in the USA,” said Patel. “And, it’s important to point out that consumers should be aware of buying imported PVC fence products. They are not necessarily manufactured to the same specifications as domestic manufacturers.”
Price“When you buy a Fence Outlet fence you receive a one year warranty on the workmanship,” continued Patel. “Plus, you deal with us – the local folks at Fence Outlet – not some outside third party located in another state (or country).”
ServiceFence Outlet has full-time service technicians on staff whose job it is to make sure customers are happy with your Fence Outlet product from start to finish. Their work is regularly reviewed and audited so that Fence Outlet’s customer service department maintains the highest level of customer satisfaction. “Unlike the national hardware stores where you are just a number, at Fence Outlet, you are our neighbor,” said Patel. “Your business is just as important to us AFTER you purchase from us.” Always looking to improve the shopping experience and enhance customer service, Fence Outlet recently launched a new web site boasting easier navigation features, same day fence installation estimates, electronic shopping cart, before-and-after gallery and many other features that make it easy for customers to purchase an affordable, quality fencing on-line. Fence Outlet’s five showrooms included inventory of a wide selection of vinyl, aluminum, steel, wood, chain link, arbors and gate openers. “Fence Outlet boasts a huge inventory so we are able to fill just about any fencing order, with no wait,” said Patel.
Friday, May 16, 2014 7:39:00 PM EST5EDT
Rajul Patel, president of Fence Outlet, also likes to explain to customers that a fence not only offers privacy and security for your home or business, but it can also increase property values. "While price is often the first consideration when choosing a fence, homeowners also need to understand that certain products offer more curb appeal, thereby adding value to their property, which should also be a factor," says Patel.
According to Patel, the two most attractive fence materials are:
Wood FencesWood fences are very popular in Florida. Fence Outlet offers classic wood fences in both cypress and pressure treated pine, however they highly recommend cypress since it is native to Florida and can handle a wet-to-dry climate.
Ornamental Aluminum FencesOrnamental aluminum is another popular fencing material in Florida since it creates the coveted "estate look," but won't rust like a steel fence can. Offering a lifetime warranty and minimum maintenance, ornamental aluminum fences can be customized in a variety of colors, grades and styles.
Long-term property values, curb appeal, safety and security are all good reasons to install a fence, so Patel recommends his customers consider all their options. "It is important to consider why you are installing a fence, what it is protecting, and of course its ultimate purpose."
Saturday, June 14, 2014 12:22:00 PM EST5EDT
Fence Outlet describes their vinyl fencing as being extremely low maintenance. Vinyl is a durable product will not rot, peel, rust or turn yellow or brittle (like the old PVC patio furniture of the past). Offering a lifetime warranty, vinyl fencing is the practical replacement for wood.
“While price and appearance are often important initial considerations when choosing a fence, consumers also need to understand the inherent characteristics of each fence material,” said Fence Outlet owner & founder, Rajul Patel. “For example, vinyl is extremely easy to care for, while steel offers strength and security. So, it is also important to consider why you are installing a fence, what it is protecting and of course its ultimate purpose.”
Fence Outlet strives to locate and stock “Made in America” vinyl fencing products. “These days, customers like heating that 95 percent of our fence products are made in the USA,” said Patel. “Not only does this commitment imply quality, we are also helping to keep jobs in America.”
Fence Outlet’s showrooms in Orlando, Oviedo and Tampa offer vinyl fencing products. Many customers also turn to Fence Outlet for professional, timely and quality fence installation. “Our team will help you measure your project and assist with ordering all the materials on-line,” said Patel. “Then, you can turn the entire professional installation over to Fence Outlet for a complete turnkey project.”
Tuesday, October 7, 2014 1:33:00 PM EST5EDT
"Nothing provides initial security better than a sound and solid perimeter fence."According to fence industry experts, a fence is one of the primary building blocks for a home or business security system. According to Patel, "nothing provides initial security better than a sound and solid perimeter fence." The physical security barrier provided by a fence provides one or more of the following functions:
- Gives notice to the legal boundaries of the outermost limits of the home or business.
- Deters casual intruders from penetrating a secured area by presenting a barrier that requires an overt action to enter.
- Demonstrates the intent of an intruder by their overt action of gaining entry.
- Causes a delay to obtain access to a home or business, thereby increasing the possibility of detection.
- Creates a psychological deterrent.
- For a business, a fence demonstrates a corporate concern for facility security.
- Provides a cost effective method of protecting a home or business.
The strongest fence materials, according to Patel, are:
- Welded Steel
Known for its strength, security and durability, especially in industrial and commercial applications. Fence Outlet's welded steel fences are suitable not only for residential users but also for commercial applications such as retail businesses, storage facilities, schools, golf courses and recreational parks.
- Ornamental Aluminum
Ornamental aluminum fences creates a coveted "estate look" which expresses privacy and security.
Monday, December 15, 2014 8:24:00 PM EST5EDT
When looking to buy and install a fence, Rajul Patel, president and founder of Fence Outlet, Central Florida’s fencing experts, suggests referring to the following check list:
1. Follow the Rules – Fences are subject to local zoning codes, which dictate the maximum height allowed, how far they must be from property lines, and whether they’re even permitted in front yards. Also, if you’re in a neighborhood association, a historic district, or a fairly new development, you may face further limitations on fence style, height, and location. The professionals at Fence Outlet can determine any zoning issues and obtain a permit, if needed.
2. Be a Good Neighbor – If possible, check with any neighbors whose property are adjacent to your new fence to give them a chance to prepare for the change. Also, ask your neighbors to confirm your understanding of where the property lines are.
3. Consider Your Goals – The purpose of your fence will help narrow your choices. There are four basic types of fences to choose from:
Privacy fence: If the goal is to block sight lines, you need solid fencing, which generally means it’ll have tightly spaced vertical boards, pickets, or framed panels to prevent you from seeing out and others from seeing in. Privacy fences should be at least 6 feet tall.
Security fence: To keep people out, you’ll want a fence that is six feet tall or higher to hinder anyone from simply hopping over it. Pickets or other spiky tops also help deter intruders.
Decorative fence: If the goal is to enhance curb appeal or establish property lines, the fence doesn’t need to be nearly as large or obtrusive. You can choose one that’s just two to four feet high, and with spaced pickets, latticework, or a variety of ornamental options that don’t block the view, but enhance it.
Safety fence: To create a dog run, enclose a pool area, or deter wildlife from entering your property, without blocking the view, the most durable and affordable option is a wire fence, such as chain link.
4. Pick your material – Once you’ve determined the goal of your fence, then you will need to choose the material it’s made from; this will determine its price, the maintenance it needs, and its warranty.
Wood: By far the most common fence material, wood provides a traditional look at a moderate price. Depending on the wood you choose, Fence Outlet recommends treating it with a stain or wood preservative to protect it from insects, rot, and ultraviolet light.
Vinyl and composite: These faux-wood fences are made from either solid vinyl or a mix of wood fibers and plastic resins. In either case, the material is formed into rails, pickets, and other fence parts that get assembled piece-by-piece. Vinyl looks exactly like the real thing, so if you want a wood fence, this is a way to get it without all of the maintenance.
Iron and aluminum: The classic wrought-iron fence can be anything from an ornate decorative property-line marker to a tall, spiky enclosure that provides high security. These fences aren’t actually wrought iron; they’re made from welded tubes of steel or aluminum. A good metal fence will need virtually no routine upkeep, just an occasional touchup.
Chain link and wire: The most economical of fences, chain link also has the advantage of almost disappearing into the scenery, especially if it has a black or green plastic coating on the mesh.
In conclusion, Fence Outlet’s showrooms in Orlando, Oviedo and Tampa offer all of these products, plus arbors and gate openers. Many customers also turn to Fence Outlet for professional, timely and quality fence installation. “Our team will help you measure your project and assist with ordering all the materials on-line,” said Patel. “Then, you can turn the entire professional installation over to Fence Outlet for a complete turnkey project.”
Tuesday, February 24, 2015 2:23:00 PM EST5EDT
Rajul Patel, president and founder of Fence Outlet, Central Florida's fencing experts, wants homeowners to make a design plan and consider how a fence and landscaping work in tandem to compliment a home’s exterior. "Fences can provide both functional and aesthetic qualities," said Patel. "When you add a well-planned landscape design, the results can be beautiful." Following are some tips to consider.
A fence can provide immediate results and can be used in the following ways
- Screen unsightly views
- Provide privacy
- Define the edge of the property
- Provide a backdrop for water features, statues & art, plants, and other objects in the landscape
Landscape Considerations When Using Fences
- Incorporate a variety of plant types to accent an attractive fence
- Consider the color, texture, or material of the fence when accenting with plants
- Plant appropriate distances from fence for mature plant size
- When building a new fence think about what materials will complement the existing plantings and structure
- Use drip irrigation to minimize water damage to the fence
- Check municipal codes for height and setback requirements