"Nothing provides initial security better than a sound and solid perimeter fence."According to fence industry experts, a fence is one of the primary building blocks for a home or business security system. According to Patel, "nothing provides initial security better than a sound and solid perimeter fence." The physical security barrier provided by a fence provides one or more of the following functions:
- Gives notice to the legal boundaries of the outermost limits of the home or business.
- Deters casual intruders from penetrating a secured area by presenting a barrier that requires an overt action to enter.
- Demonstrates the intent of an intruder by their overt action of gaining entry.
- Causes a delay to obtain access to a home or business, thereby increasing the possibility of detection.
- Creates a psychological deterrent.
- For a business, a fence demonstrates a corporate concern for facility security.
- Provides a cost effective method of protecting a home or business.
The strongest fence materials, according to Patel, are:
- Welded Steel
Known for its strength, security and durability, especially in industrial and commercial applications. Fence Outlet's welded steel fences are suitable not only for residential users but also for commercial applications such as retail businesses, storage facilities, schools, golf courses and recreational parks.
- Ornamental Aluminum
Ornamental aluminum fences creates a coveted "estate look" which expresses privacy and security.