Here are some of the reasons to choose vinyl fence over traditional fences:
- Vinyl typically lasts much longer than wooden fence and is nearly 5 times stronger than wood. This means you will be getting more for your money and are investing in something that should last a lifetime.
- Vinyl maintains its look and does not require painting. Most vinyl is the same color through the entire depth of the material and therefore does not need to be refinished ever.
- Vinyl is easy to clean with basic household cleaning materials.
- Vinyl does not decompose like wood and is rust free. Vinyl material is built to last and maintains is original condition for years.
- Vinyl is flexible and will not snap or break off as easily as wood.
- Vinyl is very low maintenance.
Some disadvantages of Vinyl that should be considered are:
- Vinyl is one of the more expensive fencing solutions available.
- Should your vinyl fence be damaged it can be more difficult to replace and could require the work of a professional for repairing even a small section of fence.
- Some vinyl fencing can fade in extreme weather. Be sure to research the type of vinyl and find out if the color will change when exposed to the elements. Recent advances in technology have addressed these concerns but it is still good to understand what you are purchasing.
At Fence Outlet, we carry many different styles of Vinyl Fence and work with the best manufacturers in the industry. For more information on the type of Vinyl Fence we provide take a look at our online Vinyl Fence Gallery.